Is this food okay for ferrets?

Hi I am getting my first ferrets in a few months and I was doing some research on ferret foods I found 2 but want to confirm that it’s okay for ferrets to eat them live happily and healthy lives.

Supreme Science Selective ferret food:
Composition:

Poultry meal, wheat, refined chicken oil, fish meal,turkey meal, sugar beet pulp, potato protein, linseed,chicken liver digest, soybean oil, salt.

Nutritional Additives/Kg:

Vitamin A 15000 IU, Vitamin D3 1500 IU

Analytical Constituents:

Protein 36.0%, Crude fibre 2.0%, Fat content 19.0%, Inorganic matter 8.0%, Taurine 0.15%.

and Pets at home ferret nuggets:

Composition: Chicken Meal,Wheat,Poultry Fat,Soyabean Meal *,Whole Linseed,Wheatfeed,Oatfeed,Maize,Fish Meal,Soya Oil *,Chicken Liver Digest,Soya Bean Hull *,Dicalcium Phosphate,Short Chaim Fructooligosaccharides (0.20%),Minerals. * Produced from genetically modified soya.

Technological Additives: Technological Additives /kg: Tocopherol Rich Extracts of Natural Origin 100mg. Vitamins /Kg: Vitamin A (retinyl acetate) (E672) 25,000 IU,Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) (E6761) 2,000 IU,Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid monophosphate) 800mg,Vitamin E (dl Alpha tocopherol acetate) (3a700) 250 mg,Copper (Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate) (E4) 20 mg,Iodine (Calcium Iodate Anhydrous) 0.55 mg,Selenium (Sodium Selenite) (E8) 0.33 mg,Iron (Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate) (E1) 200 mg,Manganese (Manganous Oxide) (E5) 24 mg,Zinc (Zinc oxide) (E6) 429 mg.Analytical Constituents: Protein 35%,Crude Fibres 4%,Crude Oils and Fats 3.9%,Crude Ash 7%,Moisture 9%.
Feeding Guide: Ferret Daily Feed (approximate per day): 80g.

sorry if its really long XD
Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Hey,

I’ve never fed my lot either of these, they’ve been on Alpha ferret feast for years and very happy and healthy on it. James Wellbeloved is meant to be very good too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My two jills are fed Pets at Home food regularly, they have also had science selective and alpha. I tend to feed them whatever ferret food it’s convenient for me to get when I need to buy a bag, It’s actually a good idea to feed a couple of different ones if you can as ferrets can become fussy eaters and if you only feed one sort of food they may refuse to eat others which can be problem if you can’t get the one you usually buy.

2 Likes

I have been giving my 2 boys (1, for over a year now and we just got Cash recently, he is 16weeks ish.) Chewies freeze dried chicken. They love it!!!

1 Like

I tend to feed a mix of foods, just in case any becomes hard to get as they can fixate on foods and find change hard.

At the moment I’ve got Science Selective and JWB but I’ve used others.

2 Likes