Ferret shed idea

I am looking at getting more ferrets. I had a break after my last one died for years ago, as my dad got dementia and needed my help looking after him. I have a very big garden and want to keep them outside. I want to keep them in a shed with a run so I can go and sit in there and play with them. Am not sure on what design I want. Could people who keep ferrets outside give me their designs. I’m looking at getting 4 so what size do I need the shed?

2 Likes

This is mine, it’s a Duchy Farm Kennels cattery and comfortably fits ten with plenty of room for them to run about and play, and also for me to sit in with them :grin:

3 Likes

Your shed looks great Rachel. Mine live indoors so I can’t help with shed ideas but @Draycoteflyer can

2 Likes

Not the greatest of photos,must get some more.
I’ve made ball pits out of some containers from work and corner litter trays from the same(really helps with cleaning out and stops wee soaking up any woodwork.

Cheers Craig

3 Likes

@EdibleMonkey is in the final stages of setting up a new shed for his little darlings. I’m sure he’ll share some photos

1 Like

I’ll grab some pictures tomorrow once i’ve finished!

1 Like

Here’s a couple of snaps of the ferret shed (loosely called Ferretopia!). They had their first trial run this evening. Food and water stations are only temporary but everything else is working nicely.

3 Likes

looking good @Draycoteflyer - love the half a tree as a stand!

Very nice Graham,another set of spoilt fuzzbutts :rofl:
Cheers Craig

2 Likes

Great ideas here. I’m halfway through the build of my ferretopia, which will be about 1.5m X 4m X 2m high, and keen for internal ideas.

Can you give some commentary on your build? I.e

Where did you get the clear hose, and what spec was it? 100mm diameter?

What was the base for the outside area?

What is the materials and idea behind the mezzanine bench. I quite like that.

Ta

2 Likes

Looks great Craig, I wish I had room outside for mine to live instead of indoors.

1 Like

Hi Ewan welcome to the forum.

Having seen Graham’s set up first hand it is really great.

The tubing is 100mm and is widely available on Amazon and eBay. The one I use is dust extraction tubing, very strong. The tumble drier stuff isn’t really strong enough.

The bench gives them some extra space and keeps the floor free for some mad play time.

1 Like